June 14, 2022
Some time ago, ArtMind from the European Street Team (EST) on Etsy blogged about her dream in progress, referring to a granny square blanket she was working on.
Back then I mentioned the idea that we, as the EST members, could make a collaborative granny square blanket for the team, where all participating members would send a square or two for me to put together as a blanket. The response from many a EST member was convincing enough to announce this project now.
How to participate:
- send me a convo over my Etsy shop
- with your participation you will commit yourself to send me at least one granny square by the end of November 2009
- it would be highly appreciated if the squares would be 7 cm x 7 cm, made out of mercerized cotton yarn.
- as for the yarn: I’m using regular crafty yarn with which 26 stitches amount to 10 cm. Washable at 40 degrees (see picture below)
- 3 sized crochet hook should be ideal for the yarn
- You can use this tutorial to make your squares.
As you can see, I already started by crcoheting two squares 🙂
Happy crocheting !! 🙂